Flu Clinic 2020 – FAQ’s
September 8, 2020 | Flu | 0 comments
| Author: Diane Weiss
During these uncertain times, control what you can control. Take flu out of this fall’s health equation by making sure you and your children get a flu shot. Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about our flu clinics.
How is Weiss Pediatric Care ensuring safety during Flu Clinics?
- We’re minimizing your time in the office by doing check-in outside in our beautiful courtyard on Saturdays and from the comfort of our car on weekdays.
- On Saturdays we have designed a one-way clinic that eliminates passing others in our hallways. On Weekdays we have designated specific exam rooms for flu clinic that will also limit meeting others during the brief time you’re in the office.
- Air purifiers have been added to each room.
- We have team members assigned to thoroughly sanitize each room after each use. Check out the ceramic “birds” outside each exam room that let’s you know that your room has been freshly cleaned just for you.
- Everyone, over two years of age will wear face masks. As always, our nursing team will wear masks and face shields.
Do I need to make an appointment?
Yes, appointments are required. Please call us today at 941-552-8341 to reserve a place for your child!
Can parents get a flu vaccine too?
Yes. Because we know that healthy parents are able to care for their children, we offer flu vaccines to parents too for a $35 fee.
When are clinics held?
Saturday Clinics: October 3, 10, 17 8:30 am – 12:00 noon
Weekday Clinics: Thursdays and Fridays 8:15-9:15 am AND 3:45-4:45 PM
What do I do when arriving for a SATURDAY clinic?
- Please come directly to the check-in station located outside our front door.
- You’ll receive a clipboard with screening questions and paperwork for you to complete.
- You’ll be directed to our beautiful courtyard to complete all paperwork, physically distanced from other families arriving for appointments.
- Once your paperwork is completed, you’ll return it to our pre-vaccine station
- As soon as your freshly sanitized exam room is available, a team member will escort you to your freshly sanitized exam room where your nurse will be waiting for you.
- While you’re waiting and anytime before or after your appointment, check out the Influenza Vaccine Information Sheet (VIS) we’ve provided by logging into your patient portal and clicking on “Forms. You can also find the VIS on the Centers for Disease Control’s website.
What do I do when arriving for a WEEKDAY clinic?
- Please call from your car. We’ll take care of all of screening questions, paperwork, and payments (if any) prior to inviting you into the office.
- We’ll call you as soon as your freshly sanitized exam room is available.
- Upon arrival at our front door, you’ll be greeted by a team member who will escort you to your exam room where your nurse will be waiting for you.
- While you’re waiting and any time before or after your appointment, check out the Influenza Vaccine Information Sheet (VIS) we’ve provided by logging into your patient portal and clicking on “Forms. You can also find the VIS on the Centers for Disease Control’s website.
Be sure to check out the virtual walk-through of our Saturday Flu Clinic
staring a couple of your favorite Weiss Pediatric Care team members!