The Flu Shot: Not Just for Old People!
Flu season is upon us, and it’s important for everyone, from littles to teens, to get their flu shots.
Here are the top 5 reasons why everyone, including children, should get a flu shot this year.
1. Children may have weaker immune systems compared to adults, making them more susceptible to severe flu symptoms. By getting a flu shot, not only is your child protected but so are vulnerable individuals around them, such as infants, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems.
2. The flu can lead to various complications, such as pneumonia, sinus infections, and ear infections. In some cases, these complications can be severe and require hospitalization. By getting a flu shot, your child’s risk of experiencing these complications is significantly reduced.
3. The flu can cause a range of uncomfortable symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, and fatigue. By getting a flu shot, you can minimize the chances that your child will get sick and feel crummy for a while.
4. Flu outbreaks in schools are common. When kids get the flu, typically they have to stay home and miss out on important educational opportunities. At the same time, parents often have to miss work. By getting a flu shot, your child’s risk of catching the flu is reduced, which means less lost time at school and work.
5. Getting your child vaccinated against the flu provides a sense of security, knowing that you have taken proactive steps to protect them from this contagious illness. It also helps to prevent the spread of the flu within your household and the community.
Flu vaccines are not just for kids! Because we know that healthy parents are better able to care for their children, parents can get their vaccines at Weiss Pediatric Care too for a $35 fee.
Call us today at 941-552-8341 to make an appointment for one of our weekday or Saturday flu clinics 941-552-8341.
Here’s to a safe and healthy flu season!